Educopia Communications Intern
Hourly position (10-15 hours per week)
Responsible to: Communications Manager
Start date: July or August 2019
End date: December 2019 (with possibility of extension)
The Educopia Communications Intern will help showcase the ever-growing body of work that occurs as part of Educopia Institute’s collaboration with its affiliated communities and its portfolio of research projects and consulting work.
You will work remotely (from wherever you choose) and in close collaboration with Educopia’s Communications Manager to plan, create, publish, and measure the success of content and strategic campaigns across Educopia’s communications platforms.
As Communications Intern, a typical day might include:
- Working alongside a ten-person team with expertise in library publishing, digital preservation, software preservation, and project management to help ensure that Educopia’s work receives attention and visibility
- Creating compelling content across multiple platforms – most commonly Twitter, web (WordPress), Mailchimp, and email listservs – to engage our extensive network of member institutions, collaborators, and colleagues. Content might include:
- Highlighting the accomplishments of a member institution or individual who has made progress toward our shared goals.
- Announcing upcoming programming, publications, or presentations.
- Building goodwill with community members by sharing and amplifying their content alongside our own.
- Proofreading and reviewing content for publication
- Tracking and measuring engagement levels across communications platforms and networks
The ideal candidate will be a strong and creative writer with an ability to craft messages for a variety of audiences across multiple platforms. They will have solid interpersonal skills with an ability to adjust to change and handle multiple tasks on deadline.
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate, graduate student, or a student pursuing a degree in the Liberal Arts, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Visual Communication, or Library and Information Science, who wants social media and strategic communications experience.
- Experience creating promotional content for Twitter, web (WordPress), Mailchimp, and/or plain text email lists
- Experience working remotely and collaborating via teleconferencing
This position is 10-15 hours per week with a starting pay rate of $15 per hour. Internship credit available with approval from school/program.
Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Hannah Ballard (Communications Manager) at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
We will begin reviewing applications on June 26, 2019 and will continue to welcome applications until the position is filled.
The Educopia Institute’s empowers collaborative communities to create, share, and preserve knowledge.
For more information about our organization, please visit http://www.educopia.org.
Educopia Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.