DPSC Planning Project: Sustainable Community-Owned Partnerships in Digital Preservation
Educopia Institute is partnering with six members of the Digital Preservation Services Collaborative (APTrust, Chronopolis, CLOCKSS, LYRASIS, MetaArchive, and Texas Digital Library) to articulate the need for values-driven, community-supported distributed digital preservation service options and to propose a service model for collaboration that ensures the authority, sustainability, and viability of these options. This service model will delineate where partners could combine service efforts and/or remain independent for the sake of a variety of organizational and content needs, distributed digital preservation good practice, efficiency, and sustainability at the field level.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services LG-252340-OLS-22.
- August 2022: Announcing the DPSC Planning Project
- September 2022: Request for Proposals: Community Engagement & Service Modeling Project Consultant (closed)
- October 2022: The DPSC Planning Project is Recruiting Stakeholders
- April 2023: DPSC Planning Project End User Survey
- June 2023: Requirements Inputs Gathering Presentation
- Service modeling begins June 2023