February 9, 2023
Educopia Announces 2022 and 2023 Board AppointmentsBy Kelly Pendergrast
Educopia is pleased to announce five board members: Bergis Jules, Lupe Solorio, Bethany Nowviskie, Sayeed Choudhury, and Adele Vrana.
Bergis Jules and Lupe Solorio began serving their 3-year term in January 2023.
- Bergis Jules is an archivist and a founding member of Shift Collective, a non-profit consulting and design group that helps organizations better engage, collaborate with, and reflect their local communities.
- Lupe Solorio is the Vice President of Capacity Development and Sustainability for Community Partners, where she has provided management and fiscal expertise for the past nineteen years.
Board members Adele Vrana, Bethany Nowviskie, and Sayeed Choudhury joined Educopia’s Board in 2022.
- Adele Vrana (Secretary) is Co-Director and co-founder of Whose Knowledge?.
- Bethany Nowviskie is Dean of Libraries and Professor of English at James Madison University, where she also serves as Chief Academic Technology Officer.
- Sayeed Choudhury is the Director of Open Source Programs Office (OSPO) at Carnegie Mellon University.
These five appointments join Educopia’s Board with a diverse range of experiences and expertise, from financial management to community cultivation to the information management landscape, contributing to the organization’s strong leadership and strategic direction.
These appointments join Kathleen Fitzpatrick (President), John Sherer (Vice President), Jennifer Vinopal (Treasurer), and Loretta Parham. To learn more about Educopia’s Board, visit the About page on our website.